The city of Jackson is offering free bottled water to residents amid the city’s cold weather water crisis.
The city remains under a boil water notice, and many residents have been without water since Wednesday. Other residents are experiencing low water pressure.
Where can I get free water in Jackson?
Residents can get bottled water Friday at the following times and locations:
- Byram Fire Department 130 Byram Pkwy. (Byram water customers only), 9 a.m.
- JPD Pct. 1 810 Cooper Road, 10 a.m.
- Smith Wills 1200 Lakeland Drive, 10 a.m.
- Metrocenter Mall 3645 US 80 (drinking water and non-potable water), 10 a.m.
- Jackson Police Academy 3000 St. Charles St., 10 a.m.
- Will O Wood Community Center 229 Lake Cove Drive, 1 p.m.
- Food Depot Parking Lot 3188 W. Northside Drive, 1 p.m.
The city is no longer directing residents to fire stations for non-potable water and will provide an updated list for those services later Friday. It is asking residents to bring their own containers to store the non-potable water.
City crews continue to work to restore water, although Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba said there is “no definitive timeline” for when it might be available.
The mayor and Public Works Director Charles Williams said prolonged freezing temperatures this week have crippled the system and icy roadways have delayed the transportation of chemicals to treat the water.
This story may update.